Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday 16, 2009

Well, unlike many of the Japanese I do not have a stomach made of iron. I went against my better judgement and had some raw chicken yakitori-you know, be open and try new things. Let's just say that it tasted much better the first time! Feeling 100% recovered now. It's beginning to get hot and humid and I have been on cockroach patrol. I am sending some very clear messages out that we will not be roommates.

In other news, I am in the process of putting together a radio show for Stroudsburg's own PIBCO internet radio station www.pibco1.com. I did a brief clip for my friend Dave's show, but would like to do something on a larger scale. If things do not come together, I may be posting some files here to download. Just some of me babbling and playing a lot of the music I am currently excited about. Stay tuned for details

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ian -

    Be careful of food in foreign countries! You just brought back an image from Suadi Arabia that I had forgotten about of huge slabs of Beef hanging in the open air completely covered with flies! Was very cautious about what I ate after that...
    Been listening to Better Than Ezra lately -
    I like this guy's voice...
    Not mush else is new except I think I finally see the sun - IT"S BEEN RAINING HERE FOREVER!!!

    Hope all is well - talk to you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Ian.

    Long time...no comments, but I've been keeping up with your writings and photos and really enjoying hearing about your experience there. Not much going on here other than the rain that we've had for 16 out of the last 19 days. I haven't been able to find a lot of the music that you're listening to, but I did download some Better Than Ezra, which I'll try out this weekend.
    Hope all continues to go well for you and look forward to hearing from you!

    Gene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments and nice to hear from you! Hope everything is well on the other side.
    Uncle Gene- the Better Than Ezra suggestion was not mine, but Uncle Dave's. I've never listened to those guys before, but I digress. Hope the rain subsides over there soon!

    ReplyDelete