Friday, May 8, 2009

A Sad Day

I am extremely saddened to hear the news that a friend of mine passed away a few days ago. It's a bit difficult for me to swallow right now being so far from home. I think this is the first time that I have really felt homesick, because I would really love to be with my friends at such a devastating time. Lynsi was a close friend for nearly 10 years. She is the sister of one of my dearest friends and was married to another one of my best friends for a time. Those who knew her were aware that she struggled with certain issues, which unfortunately became to big for her to handle. It was incredibly painful to think that she did not always see herself as the incredibly beautiful, talented, funny, caring and all around warm person that she was. She valued others more than she valued herself, which often contributed to her struggle.

Many of my absolute favorite memories of the last 10 years include Lynsi. The slide show in my head is making this painfully difficult to write. All I can say is that wherever she is, I just hope that she found her peace. Amber, Thom, and everyone else who was close to her- I really wish that I could be with you right now. Know that I am thinking of you. Be strong- and Lynsi, you will be forever missed!
Love,
Ian

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ian -
    Sorry to hear about your friend -
    I know how difficult it is to be away from your friends when things like this happen.
    It's difficult - but I'm sure from the way
    you described her that she knew how much she
    meant to you...
    Hang tough...

    ReplyDelete