Friday, May 29, 2009

May 29, 2009

May 29, 2009 9:25pm

Hello all-

I apologize for the lack of new entries over the last month. It has been a rather busy month here at work and I have not been compelled to write in a while. Part of this may stem from the realization that Okayama has become home to me- at least for the time being. The shock of living somewhere new and foreign has slowly slipped away as I have developed routines that are standard throughout the 5-day work week. Therefore, it's a bit difficult to write about. Imagine writing about your hometown once a week- eventually you would run out of things to say.

However, this is not an end to the blog. I am glad that so many of you are reading this and I encourage you to keep checking in once in awhile. Feel free to leave comments- it's always nice to hear from people back home. I imagine that much of the blog will be a stream of conscious collection of thoughts and feelings. Of course, every time I visit someplace new, I still plan on sharing those experiences. During this month, travel opportunities have dwindled but things should pick up in June. Hang in there!
-ian

Currently Reading
1) The Road by Cormac McCarthy
2) Idoru by William Gibson

Currently Listening
1) Sunn 0))- Monoliths & Dimensions
2) Keith Jarrett- Rarum
3) WIlliam Basinski- 92982
4) St Vincent- Actor
5) Funkadelic- Funkadelic
6) Lennon/Ono- Double Fantasy
7) Steve Reich- Phases
8) Linda Perhacs- Parallelograms
9) The Necks- Chemist
10) Stevie Wonder- Talking Book

No comments:

Post a Comment